Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ten pages a day keeps the ignorance away

I clearly remember when I was going to Harold Washington College after class I would always go to the closest bookstore and purchase book after book after book. It got to the point where I bought so many books that I just skimmed thought them without taking the time to read them completely.  I was becoming a book hoarder. I wonder if there's a show like that on A & E?? Moving forward, my excuse at the time was that I didn't have the time to read the books.  It was also a little overwhelming to have all of these books in front of me without taking any action.  Subconsciously, I wanted to finish all the books that I had immediately however, I knew this wasn't physically possible so I took the action that I usually took at the time...Nothing!

Fast Forward to 2011, I was introduced to the concept of reading ten pages of a book a day. No matter how big or small the book was I committed to reading only ten pages a day.  With everything going on in my life ten pages didn't seen as overwhelming as a two or three hundred page book, same book but a different approach on finishing the book. I have implemented this and finished books at a much faster rate than I did in the past. I recommend this approach to anyone that wants to read more but feels like they don't have the time.  

Here's my book hit list courtesy of Shelfari.com

No comments:

Post a Comment